Saturday, February 25, 2012

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO A PERSON WHO HAS BETRAYED ME? HE IS A SPECIAL YOUNG PERSON TO ME.?

A young friend of mine who is a dependent of the court (foster care), a young 17 years old, to whom I have mentored to for the past 9 months or so has stole from me, in a sense. Here is what happened: I gave him my credit cards to use to purchase a few games on line with my permission months back. But un-knownst to my knowledge, the credit card numbers were stored into his online gaming accounts. Recently he racked up $400 - $500 dollars in online gaming charges without my permission, and he acknowledges this. Because I am one who DOES NOT tolerate any b/s, I swiftly turned my back on him, under an agreement with him (and a bit with his social workers and other supporters); I purchased an iPod and lap top for his personal use. The agreement was as long as he maintained his grades to an acceptable level (which he has); I would do these kinds of things for him. It was all verbal and not written. He also had other things of mine that he said I bought for him but I didn鈥檛, like an Xbox, ps3, and games for them, a wii, guitar and amp, cell phone and more. Those items he took from me one day with my permission. He put up an extraordinary fight to keep them. He went as far as saying that I bought them for him as gifts (which I didn鈥檛). He lied to his caretakers, social workers, girlfriend and me about all this. He told me the iPod was stolen from him but to only call me back a half hour later and said he would bring it back to me tomorrow, this is how much he valued it. He was so intent to keep the items, but I demanded EVERYTHING back as a consequence to his actions. That鈥檚 why he put up a vigorous fight as well as I did. I love this kid. He is well spoken and very smart. A real ladies man with a good heart. I know he has been hurt at home; this is why he is in the system. Though he can be very manipulative and persuasive. He is a very good b/s鈥檈r. I know he is hurt, but won鈥檛 say it. Likewise so am I. He is a special kid to me. What do you think I should do? What would you do? I know kids do wrong things, but have I taken it to the extreme by getting the items back with no word of returning them to him? Was I right on what I did? He says I鈥檓 a douche and our friend-ship doesn鈥檛 matter anymore. I am sure this is coming from anger though. He has been let down much in his life, and I want to be a positive role model for him. But I am confused and hurt. Please give me some extreme feedback if you will. Thank you.WHAT SHOULD I DO TO A PERSON WHO HAS BETRAYED ME? HE IS A SPECIAL YOUNG PERSON TO ME.?
I agree 100% that you were correct. Although his life hasn't been great, you tried to help him and he abused it. I think that because he has probably never had anything so nice before, so he has been happy and wanted to take advantage of it. I am glad you took the stuff away, they are yours after all. Maybe you should talk to himWHAT SHOULD I DO TO A PERSON WHO HAS BETRAYED ME? HE IS A SPECIAL YOUNG PERSON TO ME.?
Being that you are not the parent or a relative you do have this way out. You would be justified to walk away from him. You were willing to be a positive friend and he crapped on it. I know if I were in your place I would end the friendship. I do applaud your efforts though. There are a lot of young people in this country who could benefit from the friendship of an older person. Unfortunately this friendship went bad.WHAT SHOULD I DO TO A PERSON WHO HAS BETRAYED ME? HE IS A SPECIAL YOUNG PERSON TO ME.?
The kid sounds like a sociopath, they are real charming when they want something from you but in reality they have little to no empathy and can be quite ruthless when they feel that you're getting in the way of what they want. Cut your ties with him and move on, according to psychologists, sociopathy is not curable, he will learn nothing, you're attempts at teaching him a lesson are fruitless.
lowest-rate international calls

WHOCH

No comments:

Post a Comment