Saturday, February 25, 2012

My husband and his mother's relationsip?

I feel that my husband puts his mother's needs before mine. His mother is controlling and manipulating. She use to come over quite frequently, when my husband was home and when he wasn't, unannounced. She has breakfast each and every Sunday morning, one morning I didn't want to go, my husband went without me, she came over let herself in, came up to the bedroom, I don't sleep in anything, and would not leave until I agreed to come to breakfast. My husband and I have arguments, they usually revolve around his lack of acknowledging my feelings, but let his mom want something or need his help with something and he is taking care of what ever it is she is needing. She is in her 70's and is very capable of doing things for herself or pay someone to have things done. She is not at a loss for money. There are few weeks that go by that she doesn't need his assistance. She does have another son, but she says he has two children, the children are in college. My father-in-law passed away a couple of years ago. I never saw her give her husband any type of compassion, she yelled at him quite often, making him feel he was worth nothing. He could not please her and he tried hard to do so. He was a Christian man and loved to sing at church, the only time she attended church was at Christmas or Easter and would make a sigh of disgust or nudge him because he sang too loud. My husband is her first born and fuses over him frequently. I had had enough over 5 years ago and tried to set some boundaries. The result of that was that my husband and I separated for a couple of weeks, when I did move back in and we spent time in counseling, the next time there was a family get together, no one spoke from his family or their spouse would talk with to me. For the most part, his siblings don't do anything together, only at Sunday breakfast, or mother dearest is invited. She was upset that her other son and his wife had people over to their house, including her parents, but mommy dearest had not been invited. Of course we heard all about it, as I'm sure the other siblings and their spouses did, we learn of each others activities from his mom and her version of things. I feel that this is unhealthy, but what do I know. I have tried to talk with my husband about the above situations, but he doesn't want to hear anything negative about his mom and begins arguing or turning the situation around. He will not talk about how I feel without an argument or turning that around. He and his mom will talk when I'm not around, either when he is on his way home from work on his cell, or when I'm not at home, he's laid off currently so he will call. I know this something he may mention leading me to believe he has spoke with her recently, otherwise I'm aware of frequent calls to her and from her through cell phone bills. I haven't said anything negative about his mother for years or anything he doesn't want to hear about any comparison of his mother and how I feel to save an argument. The real problem is that I'm hoping to met someone sometime, somehow, that will help me feel wanted and that my feelings count for something. What I would really like to do is be able to move out, having a place set up for myself and just taking person items. The only problem with leaving him is he will come to my work, try to find out where I'm staying, I will have no peace. Is this a normal mother-son relationship. Do I continuously let him hurt me, I feel he doesn't care enough to hear what I'm saying, he'd rather argue. I could go on with other example of what it's like to be the third party of this situation, but you may have hear enough. What is going on? Should I leave him and have my own life back again?My husband and his mother's relationsip?
I don't know if you mentioned if you had kids with him or not. If shes coming to your house %26amp; letting herself in I would change the locks %26amp; remind your husband and her it's your house not hers. You've got to set some boundaries for her. Watch that movie Monster in-law with Jenn. Lopez. It's awesome. Don't let her run your life. Lifes way too short to live your life under her controlling thumb. Be Happy
Definitely start packing and file for divorce.My husband and his mother's relationsip?
Leaving him doesnt solve the issue
You need to leave. ASAP



And you need to stop being vulnerable. Make the next guy prove to you that YOUR his number one woman. Not his mom.



And make sure your husband knows why you are leaving. If you guys part ways, JUST MOVE ON AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME



If he doesnt leave you alone and gets violent, get a restraining orderMy husband and his mother's relationsip?
My name is victoria and I'm 19, and I'm sure that you were hoping for someone older and more experienced but ill put my two cents in lol. Me and my boyfriend, Marcus, have been together for 3 years and his mothers-son relationship is quite like this if he talks to his mom he doesn't like me to hear unless they are just talkng like how are you. And his mother is very controling of our relationship, she says that she doesn't want us together, because he needs to focus on college but she is fine with him staying out till 5 in the morning with his friends even when he failed a class she blamed it on our relationship. He goes to a different school than me and we hardly ever see eachother. And I too could go on forever giving examples, but at least your mother in law wants you to be around, I was discluded from his family birthday dinner for 2 years in a row and not invited for christmas or thanksgiving either, I never get a gift let alone a card for my birthday even though every year I get her something, and marcus doesn't understand how it hurts me and won't hear anything bad about his mother either. But if you are having thoughts about not being with him then it seems the relationship is not strong enough to begin with. Look this is what I would do, sit him down and tell him that you need to speak and he needs to let you say everything before he comments on anything, and if he cares about you enough he will hear what you have to say and he might not agree but maybe you could work things out. And if you are feeling really brave you might schedule a lunch or breakfast with her and speak to her. I have always wanted to tell marcus's mother about how she treats him and me and our relationship but she probably won't take me seriously at this age so ill just wait haha. Hope I helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment