Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is the life span of a cell phone battery?

I've been told by two different employees at Alltel that cell phone batteries should last about one year. My last battery lasted only 7 months with moderate daily usage of my cell phone. I charge the battery every night (which according to the owner's manual is fine). These batteries aren't cheap. They cost as much as an automotive battery! Am I being ripped off? Are you?What is the life span of a cell phone battery?
While I agree about 500 charge cycles is about right, this is a little like asking how long should my car last. The answer is it depends. Not all phones are creates equal, I have seen some batteries last years while other batteries, sometimes manufactured from the same phone manufacturer last only months. This could be due to manufacturing quality, manufactures shop their contracts to the lowest bidder and sometimes the quality suffers. I would contact the manufacturer directly to see if there is a recall or known issue with your particular model.
2 yearsWhat is the life span of a cell phone battery?
Charging the battery every night can b eboth good and bad for the device. You should let your battery run down, and then charge it up, because if it doesnt need a charge, the battery is just powering up, while it doesnt have to
Most Lithium Ion and NiMH batteries should be good for 500 to 1000 discharge recharge cycles. Seven months use is nowhere near this. I would say your charger may be damaging the battery or the battery was poorly manufactured.What is the life span of a cell phone battery?
1-2 years\









http://www.toboc.com/forum3/DEFAULT.ASPX鈥?/a>
  • infiniti g37
  • california
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment