Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the critical distance a cell must maintain from a capillary in order to survive?

I need help on this question for Biology.



What is the critical distance a cell must maintain from a capillary (the point of nutrient/waste ex-change) in order to survive?



And how diffusion is related to it.



I think it is because diffusion reaches only so far, so the cell has to stay in range of the diffusion, but I do not beleive this is correct. Can anyone help?What is the critical distance a cell must maintain from a capillary in order to survive?
The critical distance a cell must maintain from a capillary in order to survive is rarely greater than 40 to 200 碌m.

The role that diffusion plays in this process is that it can maintain the concentration gradient required at the cell.



Hope tht helps. I am in the same class.



Found it on the web..

only answer I came across

No comments:

Post a Comment