Sunday, March 4, 2012

What are the 3 things that a cell is doing during interphrase?

i need help with these questions too,

What is the specific process during which the cell copies it's DNA? Interphrase, cytokinesis replication or division?

What is true about mitosis

a. the cell makes a copy of DNA, b. the cell membrane pinches in around the middle cell, c. the cell's nucleus divides into twi new nuclei, or d. One copy of DNA is distributed into each daughter cell?

FINALLY Why does a cell make a copy of it's DNA before Mitosis occurs?What are the 3 things that a cell is doing during interphrase?
Interphase is the period between cell divisions. Cells undergo their normal activities, obtaining energy, synthesizing products, repairing damage etc.

There are 3 stages in interphase:

G1 phase "gap 1 phase" - cells carry out normal processes and prepare for S phase

S phase "synthesis phase" - DNA is replicated for division

G2 phase "gap 2 phase" - Cells begin final preparations for cell division.



For the mitosis Question, the DNA copying happens in interphase so not A, the membrane dissolves so not B(well the nuclear membrane dissolves I think it's the same as the cell membrane ...), I'm pretty sure C is wrong because I'm looking at my sheet and it says nothing about that..., so I'm going with D because I'm pretty sure that's what happens. I know that the sister chromatids are pulled to opposite poles and that they contain the DNA so... my logic says go with D, but I could be wrong.



For the last question this is purely a hypothesis but I think it's because in order for mitosis to work they DNA needs to be split already so that both daughter cells receive DNA? Just a guess.



ANYWAYS, hope this helpsWhat are the 3 things that a cell is doing during interphrase?
During interphase, cellular organelles double in number, the DNA replicates, and protein synthesis occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment